What is dbDOS™?
dbDOS is simply the fastest, easiest way to enable virtually any DOS based application on Microsoft’s Windows® XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008, both 32 and 64 bit versions of the operating systems. With enhanced support for dBASE III, dBASE IV (Version(s) 1,2,3), and dBASE V for MSDOS, dbDOS is the easiest way to keep your mission critical applications up and running for years to come.
dbDOS is a Virtual Machine (VM) environment that we have configured specifically to allow the various versions of dBASE for DOS to run without any changes to the dBASE executables or the dBASE compiled programs you have created. You can use the same dBASE files immediately without requiring a conversion!
How does dbDOS™ work?
It is as easy as one, two, three
- Migrate your existing programs and data to your new hardware running Windows
- Run dbDOS’s install and configuration process by selecting from a small number of options and new shortcuts will be put into the start menu and on your desktop
- Last, double-click on the desktop shortcut and you are ready to start enjoying your favorite dBASE for DOS software.
Features of dbDOS™
- Easy to use wizard based interface supports importing and exporting of multiple environment configurations
- No modifications to dBASE or any other applications you want to use is required
- Ability to run any of your DOS programs* (BETA)
- Very small footprint, under 10 megabytes of storage needed for the program
- Enhanced memory capabilities with JEMM386 enable programs to run much faster
- New clipboard feature for pasting text into DOS from Windows
- Ability to print ESC and Printer specific codes to the host OS's printers (either networked or connected)
- Revive existing applications instead of rewriting them