What is dbDOS™ PRO 3?[line] [clear h=”5″]
dbDOS PRO 3 is the fastest, 100% faster than prior versions, and most reliable way to enable virtually any DOS based application on Microsoft’s Windows® XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, and now Windows 8. It includes support for both 32 and 64-bit versions of these operating systems.
dbDOS™ PRO 3 is specifically engineered to work best with dBASE CLASSIC™, the re-bundled version of the last release of the world class version of dBASE V for MS-DOS. However, dbDOS™ PRO 3 works well with dBASE III+, dBASE IV (Version(s) 1, 2, 3), and as stated before dBASE V for MSDOS. dbDOS™ PRO 3 will work with any of the older MS-DOS based programs. We have customers using Lotus 1, 2, 3, Word Perfect 5.1, FoxPro, and many other classic applications. dbDOS™ PRO 3 is the easiest way to keep your mission critical MS-DOS based applications up and running for years to come.
How does dbDOS™ PRO 3 work?[line]
It is as easy as one, two, three
- Migrate your existing programs and data to your new hardware running Windows
- Run dbDOS’s install and configuration process by selecting from a small number of options and new shortcuts will be put into the start menu and on your desktop
- Last, double-click on the desktop shortcut and you are ready to start enjoying your favorite dBASE for DOS software.
Features of dbDOS™ PRO 3[line] [clear h=”10″] [ul bullit=”accept.png”]
- (New) Support for PDF output – print to paper, PDF file, or to both at the same time!
- (New) “Enhanced” printing that now gets you closer output of those reports than ever before
- (New) “Direct” printing that handles more code and sequences making print easier when RAW, Interpreted, and Enhanced can get it right
- (New) Print driver that will allow better print across new printer! This does require a code change!
- (New) Easy DOS Configuration Wizard simplifies the launching of a single dBASE program
- (New) Exit from any dBASE program to the DOS command prompt
- (New) Enhanced memory support when using the DOS Shell gives non-dBASE programs a performance boost
- (New) Display for resolutions above 800×600 are 100% sharper and easier to read
- (New) Better backup system makes it easier to find the configuration you are looking for
- Cut/Paste from dbDOS™ VM to the Windows OS and back
- Print or save screen functionality, works like the old DOS Print Screen
- Memory Management System reduces the hardware conflicts and increases speed
- dbDOS Config utility to create, update, and manage dbDOS™ configurations
- Easy to use wizard based interface supports importing and exporting of multiple environment configurations
- No modifications to dBASE or any other applications you want to use is required
- Very small footprint, under 10 megabytes of storage needed for the program
- Ability to print ESC and Printer specific codes to the host OS’s printers (either networked or connected)
- Revive existing applications instead of rewriting them